The Inn on Carleton

The Inn on Carleton
The Inn on Carleton

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Truffled Eggs Toast

The first time I had truffled eggs toast I was at Ino Cafe Bar in the West Village, NYC. 
 It was soooo amazing I tried to recreate it for my guest at the Inn.



(Serves 4)
4 Slices of thick cut bread (1 1/2") , I used Brioche and it was perfect.
8 egg yolks
Shredded Gruyere Cheese (5 oz)
Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz)
White Truffle Oil
Crumbled Bacon
Asparagus Grilled with Salt & Pepper

Heat oven to 450 degrees
Spray cooking oil on pan
Make a little nest for your egg yolks in the middle of each slice of bread by pressing lightly.
Put 2 egg yolks in each nest
Cover bread and eggs with Gruyere Cheese
Bake for 8-10 minutes
Take out of oven and place on serving platter.
Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese
Pour a few drops of truffle oil on top
Garnish with crumbled bacon and asparagus

Simple, Beautiful & A Real Crowd Pleaser!



1 comment:

  1. Mmm, the truffled egg toast was so incredible at ino! I need to try out your recipe now.

    http://sliceofearthlydelight.blogspot.com/2010/11/ino.html

    ReplyDelete